As an Android developer it is important to keep your tool chest up to date. Google just released Preview 3 for the ADT 17 with the following new features:
- DDMS can now show the live detailed network usage of an app
- ProGuard version 4.7, proguard.cfg file has been updated with better default flags
- Lint – checks Java code, supports library projects, warnings can be suppressed in Java code with the new @SuppressLint annotation, Revamped Eclipse Lint UI.
- New Quick Outline for XML editors (Ctrl-O, Command-O)
- Resource chooser now shows the resolved value for resources
- Layout editor no longer assigns default ids to layouts, includes and merge tags